H2Roma is a communication event on sustainability of energy, mobility and cars promoted by CIRPS - Interuniversity Research Centre for Sustainable Development - Sapienza University of Rome, CNR - National Research Council - Energy and Transportation Department, ENEA – Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development. The scientific coordination is assigned to Prof. Orecchini and his research section SEM – Energy and Mobility Systems of CIRPS.
The event, based on a comparison between the world of independent research and major industrial groups, is open to journalists, institutions, public and students and is the most important annual occasion of observation and comparison on the latest technologies in the field of mobility and energy.
The first "H2Roma - Scientific Workshop with the Press" has taken place in 2002. The initiative is being launched to enable the best knowledge of the solutions developed in Italian laboratories in a confrontation with big business internationally, with the press and the public.
Its high-profile scientific committee as well as its solid objectives have enabled H2Roma to grow year after year, gaining reputation from institutions and drawing attention from the automotive industry, but most of all arising great interest among the general public.
From the first edition (2002) until today H2Roma has expanded and become a real " box of events", a showcase for national and international previews, a meeting point for highly qualified workshops on energy and sustainable mobility.
The annual editions were held in locations gradually more and more prestigious and able to accommodate a growing number of visitors. 2002-2005 CNR Auditorium; 2006-2007 Campidoglio and Piazza del Popolo; 2008 Piazza del Popolo; 2009 Palazzo Pamphilj in Piazza Navona; 2010-2011 Salone delle Fontane Eur.
Arrived at its tenth edition in 2011, H2Roma confirms every year its great opportunity to learn about all human and environmentally friendly innovations in the field of mobility, energy and beyond.
The increasing value of H2Roma is also given by event press return, calculated through the modern evaluation indices of the exhibits that take into account the number of visitors, web traffic dedicated and press coverage. This index, since it has been calculated, has always had a positive trend, passing from 1.9 million in 2007 to 4.2 million in 2011. Moreover in the edition 2011 fifteen vehicles manufacturers of global importance have participated in the event. To these were added other partners such as multinational Arval and Enel. Other 7 scientific partners are counted among Research Institutes and Universities.
H2Roma Event consists of several items:
• Green Expo - With the exhibition of technologies and low and zero emissions vehicles.
• Program of meetings, workshop, and press conferences - Scientific workshops with the public and press, publication of data, surveys and investigations, organized meetings with newspapers and magazines, press conferences organized by vehicle brands and energy industries.
• Green Drive - With the opportunity for the public and experts to drive on the road vehicles with innovative technologies, low emissions and zero emissions.
• H2Roma School - Informative and educational pathways specific for High school of first and second grade, meetings and comparison of students and teachers with University professors and researchers, projects and posters of outdoor experiences in the field of energy, sustainable mobility and environment.
• H2Roma University – Participation in specific events of University students coming from scientific, economic, socio-literary areas.
• H2Roma Culture – Exchanges projects between the world of artistic and literary culture and scientific research and technology.
• H2Roma Research - Award "H2Roma Energy and Mobility" to researchers, authors of publications in scientific journals of international importance that have as their object works, original research and discoveries in the area of energy systems and systems and technology for mobility.
Spreading the culture of energy is one of the key issues of H2Roma project, and it also passes through the involvement of schools nationally, with the high schools of the first and second grade.
Students are offered the opportunity to learn about existing technologies and to explore the perspectives and innovative solutions to reduce the environmental impact of vehicles, giving them the opportunity to participate in conferences and meetings scheduled with Research and Industry representatives and with guided pathways in the exhibition, a chance to touch the most advanced technology adopted by major vehicle manufacturers participating in the event.
Since 2006 have participated in H2Roma nearly 10,000 young people of high schools coming from the entire country, with a involvement in constant growth, from 500 students in 2006 to 2000 in the last editions.
Since the first edition, H2Roma enjoys the patronage of the most important institutional bodies and, in confirmation of the high level of the event, the President of the Republic Giorgio Napolitano, has awarded to the 2009 editions, 2010 and 2011, a medal as a token of appreciation for the purpose of the initiative. For H2Roma - the tenth anniversary edition, the President, in sending his greetings and best wishes for the success of the event, has dedicated a special engraving at the "X EDITION" printed on the reverse of the coin.
H2Roma is also part of the "Decade of Education for Sustainable Development 2005-2014" (DESS) coordinated by UNESCO, and for two consecutive years (2010 and 2011) was included as a highlight event of the UNESCO Week - Education for Sustainable Development, dedicated , respectively, to the themes of mobility and water.
You can find all information on past editions of H2Roma on the website: